Friday, February 4, 2011

God Said "Yes".

So many prayers have already been answered since my heart was captured by the women and girls of Cambodia. I want to keep a record of those answered prayers and give God the praise that is due Him! Today I would like to share just one.

I mentioned previously that I am involved with Ignite for Women; and as part of Ignite's leadership team, I was compelled to begin praying that Ignite would have an impact AROUND THE WORLD. I wasn't sure how this would play out, but it was one of those thoughts that you KNOW didn't originate with you - you know it came from the Spirit.. and so I believed with all my heart that God was going to raise up women from among us to GO and SHARE THE GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ in a hurting world.

As I've grown in my relationship with Jesus (and I still have sooo far to grow), He has enabled me to begin taking the focus off of me and to be much more interested in others. You might compare it to a photographer who always likes to use her zoom lens. There are many marvelous, exciting, beautiful things to behold all around her, but she is so focused on that one thing, she misses it all! Oftentimes, my lens (and maybe yours) has been set on the zoom mode; so focused on my life, my family, my church, my friends' lives, etc. Over time, God began to widen the lens in my life and my heart - to see and behold all the other marvelous ways in which He desires to use me. I'm liking the panoramic view!

I believe God desires for all of us to 'widen our lens', to step outside our comfort zone, to reach out beyond our safe, comfy church groups (where I know I sure like to be!), for the sake of His Name and His glory.

But please don't get me wrong... fellowship with other believers is wonderful and powerful and beneficial for building up the Body of Christ. Proverbs 27:17 (NLT) says: As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. But let's not stop there. Jesus said to his followers: The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.

There's a great big field outside our church doors!

When I began praying that Ignite would make an impact around the world, I really didn't expect I would be part of the answer. But God indeed said "YES" to those prayers when He said "GO" to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Life is a lot more fun when we're believing for something big and having to listen for instructions. I received a couple instructions in the last week for this summers' camps and am SO excited! My God is personal and will have a relationship with me! I feel a special kindred spirit with anyone else on the same faith and seeking adventure. Your blog setup is really beautiful. I appreciate your sharing and look forward to each update. You'll be on the other side of the world hugging those ladies before you know it! Love, Lydia