Friday, February 18, 2011

Sabotaging Your Freedom?

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. ~ Galatians 5:1

As part of a ministry leadership team, I have the amazing privilege of knowing and serving many, many women - of all ages, backgrounds, positions in life, etc. God has given me such a love for these women, even those whose names I don't yet know... because I do know this: they are daughters of the King, He loves them, and He has a beautiful story to tell about Himself through their life story.

As exciting as it is to know this, it is sometimes accompanied with sadness. I know from personal experience that as women, while we have experienced great joy in our salvation, we often can become "burdened again by a yoke of slavery". I have felt this burden and have been guilty of sabotaging my own freedom in Christ.

Sometimes our perspective in life becomes inappropriately skewed by various things: financial anxiety, relational conflict, inner turmoil over past sin, the futility of the daily grind, seemingly "unanswered" prayers, and the list goes on..

But Christ has called us to a life of freedom! As we allow this freedom to take root in our very heart and soul, God will plant seeds within us that will grow and blossom into His purpose for our lives - a purpose much greater than we could ever dream up on our own.

I will always remember those first days of real freedom in my walk with Christ and the feeling of absolute amazement that God could use me because I was finally FREE. That feeling - and that freedom - remains because of my decision to believe Galatians 5:1. As a result, I am both privileged and humbled to go and be used of God among those who desperately need freedom (physical, emotional, and spiritual) in Cambodia.

What about you? Are you sabotaging your freedom? Will you decide today to walk in the freedom that Jesus paid such a high price to give you? Someone else's life may just depend on your answer.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. ~ Galatians 5:1

No comments: