Sunday, February 13, 2011

To Know Him & Be Like Him

I will never stop being amazed by God - never. And yet I realize that as much as He amazes now, I will be utterly blown away when I am able to behold His glory forever and ever!! I look forward to that day, but for now, I will continue to seek Him here on earth.

I will seek His forgiveness, for I am still so very flawed.

I will trust in His mercy, for I am very good at condemning myself for those flaws.

I will sing His praises, for I have been forever changed by His redeeming love.

I will tell of His goodness, for He has set me free and given me new life in Him.

And Lord willing, I will go to Cambodia this summer, on a mission to share the good news of His forgiveness; to speak of the hope that His mercy is new every single day; to sing praises as I witness lives being transformed by His redeeming love; and to proclaim His goodness - HE SETS CAPTIVES FREE and GIVES NEW LIFE.

My God is a personal God. And each day, He continues to teach me through His word what it means to know Him and be like Him:

"He gave justice and help to the poor and needy, and everything went well for him. Isn't that what it means to know me?" says the LORD. ~ Jer. 22:16

The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern. ~ Prov. 29:7

I treasure your prayers as I seek to do God's will. Specific requests:

That I will develop a hunger for God and His word that is insatiable.

That my life, and the lives of those I meet in Cambodia, will never be the same - to the glory of God.

That God will pierce the darkness in Cambodia with the light of Truth.

That my financial support will come in quickly, in order to make this trip a reality.

I so appreciate all of you who have taken the time to even read this.

No comments: