Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Broken and Contrite Heart

I was recently talking with a dear friend about my upcoming trip to Cambodia and as we talked, she realized something and said, "God's going to break your heart." Knowing she was right as I'd been feeling this very thing stirring inside me, I immediately responded with, "I need it." And our eyes filled with tears.

I don't want to go through life without passion and purpose. Jesus deserves so much more than that. I love Him!! But I want to love Him more.. and more.. and more.

I cannot tell you how thankful and humbled I am for the financial support that so quickly came my way - from family, friends, and even STRANGERS!!! Each and every one of you is a part of what God is going to do through me and TO ME in Cambodia. So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your love, compassion, and prayers.

Speaking of prayers - our team could use all the prayers we can get. We know that God is already preparing specific encounters with specific people and we want to be so filled the with Holy Spirit that we don't miss a beat - and we don't miss a single God-ordained opportunity.

I hope you will "join me" in Cambodia in just over a week. I'll do my best to update the blog a few times while I'm there and include some photos if possible. I can't wait to see what God has planned!

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. - Psalm 51:17

No comments: