Monday, July 22, 2013

A song that no one else can sing

You are incredibly special to God. You are fabulously unique and irresistibly precious to him. And did you know that he has given you a song that no one else can sing? He has!

Check out Revelation 14. The scene is heaven. The 144,000 are from the 12 tribes of Israel. They suffered severe persecution for their faith in Christ and did not waiver. The apostle John records what he saw:

And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

Okay, so maybe you're thinking...uhhhh...I'm not one of the 144,000. True. But if you are a child of the Most High, then he has given you a special song of your very own. The psalms are FULL of exhortations to SING A NEW SONG, and they also tell us that God Himself has "put a NEW SONG in my mouth; a song of praise to my God." (Psalm 40:3)

Only as we experience life with our God are we able to sing a new song to our God. And because we have our own unique relationship with Christ, our own sweet love story, we also have a song that no one else can sing.

I used to walk around in shame, believing that if I opened my mouth to speak about my past that I would bring dishonor to God. Guess what?? The opposite is true. Because it isn't about ME and what I've done at all. It's fully 100% about JESUS and what he has done. He took my shame away. He took YOUR shame away. And he enables us to proclaim THIS:

I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bride with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10

Now doesn't that make you want to open up your beautiful mouth and sing your own special GOD SONG - the song that no one else can sing? OH, SING IT!

No comments: